September 18, 2015
Something a little different today, an arpeggiated synth track.
I don’t use arpeggios, sequencers or midi much. Partly because I find it difficult to make the sounds I want, and partly because it begins to have a cliched ‘electro’ sort of sound. But I’m keen to explore all the possibilities on offer. So here goes 🙂
I started with an arp patch in iSem which I recorded into Audioshare while altering parameters. Then I did it again, then again.
Next I loaded them all into Auria and lined them up as best I could.
Then for a little spice I imported a track I had created earlier with iSpeech TTS reading a random group of phrases. I cut that up and spaced it around the track as it seemed to fit.
My mixing is flawed here, some distortion is creeping in; I think because some frequencies are overloading (there is no distortion on individual tracks). But I’m coming up against my lack of skills in the mixing department here.
Some research and learning to be done.
But thats part of the fun 🙂
July 3, 2017
April 17, 2017