February 22, 2016
January 25, 2016
Trial And Error:
I honestly don’t know what to call this; I’m trying to reapproach the guitar and fit it into my current music making. Still a little rusty on the strings.
I used BiasFX for the guitar sounds, recorded into Auria.
I began by programming the drums in Patterning then added an arpeggio jam with Addictive Synth. Once that was in place I jammed three tracks of guitar. Finally I removed parts of the beat, just to let the track breathe a little more.
It’s only about 80% there; mainly because my playing isn’t quite up to it, but also because I haven’t fully realised the concept yet. But I guess that’s ok, baby steps.
November 27, 2015
Profit of the Bored (featuring Trudi McBoody):
Genre Unknown 🙂
Another play with my Patterning drum kit into AudioShare effected with Dedalus was the start of this track. I loaded it into Auria and added a Poseidon arp bass patch that I made the other day. Then I loaded PhaseRings into a track and jammed along.
Finally a wrote a little lyric and typed it into iSpeech TTS, imported the result to AudioShare, effected it with AltiSpace, slowed it by 80% and lowered it by 1 semitone in TwistedWave, and imported the result to Auria for arranging.
November 17, 2015
Mr Black’s Rude Awakening:
I began todays track in the same way as yesterday by working with Nick Lau’s Drum TX project in AnalogKit. I programmed a variation on yesterdays beat and recorded it twice to AudioShare with AUFX:Space; each time with different settings.
Both went into Auria and were panned. The next step also echoed yesterday; I added a kick drum from Patterning for emphasis. The third step too; I added the clashy klangy preset sound that I made in Addictive Synth yesterday.
I finally moved in a new direction by programming an arpeggio in Addictive Synth and recording it twice with different presets that I had made earlier.
And last but not least I recorded myself reciting a line from the 1963 film A Comedy Of Terrors.
I had fun 🙂
November 12, 2015
On Your Way:
There’s drums…there’s droney soundscapey stuff…oh and I’m ‘singing’ again…
I began this track in Auria by recording a Patterning beat, a drone from Addictive Synth, and then singing this old lyric. It needed more so I added another Patterning drumbeat. Still not happy I added 4 tracks of Poseidon drones that I had made last night and this morning.
I then added Sector and Reverb FDN to AudioShare‘s recorder and imported the file of my singing into Sector. I recorded a few takes but only liked a few bits, so I cut them out and added them to Auria. I also cut out one line of the vocal, slowed it and pitched it down a fifth in TwistedWave, and added it.
Now for a very important part of my workflow, I gave it to my Wonderful Wife for a trial listening…and after her comments I removed the Addictive Synth drone entirely and thinned out the others; thus opening up some breathing space. Big improvement!
I hope you like it.
November 10, 2015
My Love (For Lene):
I’m singing acappella on this one. Don’t say you weren’t warned.
A love declaration for my wife.
I began by singing straight into the iPad, recording in AudioShare. Then I processed it through Turnado for a little glitching. Both files were then added to Auria and I recorded an arpeggio patch that I made yesterday in Addictive Synth. Next I turned to DM1 where I made a very simple beat at the same bpm as the arpeggio, looped it in AudioShare with Reverb FDN and AUFX:Dub and added it in the mix. Lots of arranging followed till you get what you get 🙂
September 29, 2015
Daleks Can Dance:
Not sure how to classify this one. Any ideas?
One of the areas missing in my musical explorations is the world of sequencers and arpeggiators. I just don’t seem to get on with them; or anything involving midi, or controlling one app with another. So today I thought I’d give it a go.
I fired up Arpeggist which I bought a few weeks ago but haven’t tried yet. I managed to set it up with Argon in AudioBus without a hitch as follows
I also added Caramel to the Argon channel, and run it all thru Dedalus.
Several jams and recordings and playing arounds ensued, bits of which I cut out and reassembled in Auria.
It didn’t turn out as I was expecting, but I went with the flow and followed where the music seemed to want to go.
The same Modus Operandi as the last few videos. PicFrame, to Pinnacle Studio, to CinemaFXV, to PicFrame, to Pinnacle, to CinemaFXV. Oh, and Phonto for the Text.